Mold – "Enemy of the Indoors!”
Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matters such as fallen leaves, and dead trees., but indoors, mold growth should be avoided. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. They produce allergens, irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins).
“How do I get rid of mold?”
It is impossible to get rid of ALL mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air AND in house dust. The spores will not grow if moisture is not present. If there is a mold problem at your home or business, you must clean the mold AND fix the source of the water problem. If you clean the mold and DO NOT fix the water problem. THE MOLD PROBLEM WILL COME BACK!
Mold meet your Master, ServiceMaster® by Disaster Pros.
Mold can start to grow in as little as 48 hours. To prevent the spread of mold, it is important to react quickly in the event of a water loss as the longer the mold sits, the more it grows and the more detrimental it becomes. Mold can grow from elevated moisture in as little as 48-72 hours, and, unfortunately, once mold has grown it has to be removed in a controlled fashion.
ServiceMaster trained technicians use the latest water restoration and drying techniques to deliver quality, quick results. Certified trained technicians, (IICRC/IAQ) using specific personal protective equipment should perform mold remediation.
With ServiceMaster Clean mold remediation you can expect:
Our mold remediation techniques comply with the EPA, NYC Health Department and IICRC S520 guidelines. We take continuous moisture level readings throughout the process so we know without a doubt that all the moisture completely removed. Mold is a health hazard, and we are 100% dedicated to complete mold remediation so you can maintain a happy, healthy lifestyle.